Lambs 2 days old orphans~ They are well, New Pics!!

Here are some pics of my little "merinos"
They will be going to a lovely home when they are weaned.
They are starting to want solid food and eat grass. Ill get some lamb nuts tommorrow to try them too.
They are sooo cute, they hang out on my back doorstep and I cant open the door as they sleep right up against the door when they nap through the day.
They have a lovely comfy manger to sleep in with doggie bed and blanket
babahs.jpg

mikeywithbabbah-1.jpg

I got a visit from the lady who rescued them today.
She said that she didnt expect them to survive those first few days, now she tells me!!!
Anyhow she couldnt believe how great they look now,
fat and jumping around on all fours at once, they look so gorgeous.

Thanks, When they first arrived on Monday a week ago, they looked so skinny and dehydrated, they looked like sharpeis (rolly dogs) with the thick wrinkles of skin.
We filled out those wrinkles with plenty of good full cream milk powder. The vet advised me to stop using lamb replacer milk and to put them on human full cream milk and so far they have thrived on it.
Did i mention that their poor mums were killed by a tree?

They sure did fatten up nicely! "EWE" are a great momma!
lau.gif

How terrible for thier momas to die like that. Lightening strike? I would say.. " poor babies" But looks like they have a great new momma,and daddy. Your son sure looks proud! Im trying to decide which is cuter, him or the lamb? I think I have to lean more towards your son!
wink.png

Thanks Deb.
They will be going to a lovely home which has 1 10 year old ewe as a pet so they will be loved as pets too.
Merinos are very valuable for their fine wool.
Perhaps the owner will let me spin some fleece when they grow up as a reward for me saving them!!!
I just have to learn to spin.

Back
Top Bottom