Lame hen??

Candyjablonski

Crowing
Oct 27, 2019
Posted yesterday but I have no answers. Y’all know what more I could do for my hen? Probably has pulled tendon from what I’ve read. She was egg bound twice and I thought she was better and let her out with my flock. She can stand some but she walks like she has mareks disease but was vaccinated for it. She’s 8 months old. Eats drinks and getting vitamin supplements. Any idea how to help her more? If not I will have to take her to the vet when I can afford to. Thank you

Posted yesterday but I have no answers. Y’all know what more I could do for my hen? Probably has pulled tendon from what I’ve read. She was egg bound twice and I thought she was better and let her out with my flock. She can stand some but she walks like she has mareks disease but was vaccinated for it. She’s 8 months old. Eats drinks and getting vitamin supplements. Any idea how to help her more? If not I will have to take her to the vet when I can afford to. Thank you
I would continue to give vitamins and watch her to see if it gets worse. I would make sure it's not bumblefoot too. And sadly, being vaccinated doesn't necessarily mean they can't get it.
I have a 7.5yr old girl who tore/detached a tendon (almost 2yrs ago) and now has a permanent limp and does well. I'm not sure what else you can do besides watch and see how she does. If she doesn't improve or gets worse, I would talk to a vet. Maybe you can call first and discuss it? (I just lost one due to the same thing you're describing, and it's so hard to sit and watch, while wanting to help them.)
Best of luck!

I would continue to give vitamins and watch her to see if it gets worse. I would make sure it's not bumblefoot too. And sadly, being vaccinated doesn't necessarily mean they can't get it.
I have a 7.5yr old girl who tore/detached a tendon (almost 2yrs ago) and now has a permanent limp and does well. I'm not sure what else you can do besides watch and see how she does. If she doesn't improve or gets worse, I would talk to a vet. Maybe you can call first and discuss it? (I just lost one due to the same thing you're describing, and it's so hard to sit and watch, while wanting to help them.)
Best of luck!
Thank you for responding with this information. I think overall she’s doing great other than her one side and not being able to stand for too long. I think it’s time to see a vet and figure out exactly what is wrong. Thank you again

Back
Top Bottom