Langshan Thread!!!

Quick question. Are bantam Langshans a larger bantam? I raise SC Rhode Island bantams and Wyandotte Bantams and they are a good deal larger when compared to them. I haven't had them very long. Is this normal?

Last edited:
please could anyone sex my 3.5mth old croad Langshan from this pic?

Not sure if this is the right place or not but we are down to our last 2 Black Langshans from the 2 dozen or so we hatched 4 years ago from Harvey Knolls winning stock. I've since switched cell phones several times and lost his number. Does anyone know his number? We're interested in hatching out 2-3 more dozen yet this summer. If anyone can help,please e-mail me at [email protected] thxs

please could anyone sex my 3.5mth old croad Langshan from this pic?
welcome-byc.gif
With that big and red of a comb, it looks like a boy to me. Does he/she have the start of pointy saddle feathers in front of its tail? I have 2 hatches of black and blue Langshan that are 18 and 13 weeks old. None of the girls in the older group have combs as large and red as your bird. Is it from a hatchery?

Quick question. Are bantam Langshans a larger bantam? I raise SC Rhode Island bantams and Wyandotte Bantams and they are a good deal larger when compared to them. I haven't had them very long. Is this normal?

They should be similar weights, I'd have to double check the standard but not too far off. They may appear larger due to leg length and tails in comparison to the Reds and Wyandottes.

So if a Canadian gal was interested In getting a trio of these birds, preferably not hatchery stock, does anyone know where I might look to get/import some? Or perhaps even some hatching eggs?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom