Langshan Thread!!!

New to this thread. I have two Langshans I got from my local feed store. I have had good luck with whatever I have bought from them. I went to pick up some EE's and Blue laced wyendotte's but the bLW didn't hatch and they had these. I had never heard of them (not very experienced chicken person here) so I decided to get two to try. I really love them. They are seven and a half weeks old and I believe them to be pullets. They are very sweet and get on great with the EE's

Here they are as five day olds

Here they are now. I have a hard time photographing them as the EE's tend to hog the camera.

I can't wait until they get big. The pictures I see of them as grown hens are beautiful. I am so glad I took the opportunity to get some!
Welcome to the thread and to Langshans! Your birds are cute! My first Langshan was a hatchery blue and she won me over! I heard a few negative comments about Langshans when I first got her but they came from someone who has other breeds and has never had a Langshan. Boy is he missing out!
wink.png

Welcome to the thread and to Langshans!  Your birds are cute!  My first Langshan was a hatchery blue and she won me over!  I heard a few negative comments about Langshans when I first got her but they came from someone who has other breeds and has never had a Langshan.  Boy is he missing out! ;)
Welcome to the Langshan Theard your chick is Beautiful the one in the pic it is a Pullet. I have 8 Langshan they where the first chicks I picked out and I love them they are so pretty my are now 19 weeks. Here is a pic of one of mine. Good Luck.

MIMI SHE IS THE FIRST LANGSHAN SHE IS MY BUDDIE SHE Greets me when she see me at the coop she is my biggest girl and I believe she will
Lay first and the other Langshan is Meps

Thank you so much. There are two and I hope they are both pullets. They were supposedly sexed to be pullets but I know how that works sometimes. I have felt like they are pullets. Their combs are
Getting a little bigger as you can see but there is no color in them yet and they act like pullets. I love their feathering.
Do they lay dark or light brown eggs usually. I lkeep reading different things

Thank you so much. There are two and I hope they are both pullets. They were supposedly sexed to be pullets but I know how that works sometimes. I have felt like they are pullets. Their combs are
Getting a little bigger as you can see but there is no color in them yet and they act like pullets. I love their feathering.
Do they lay dark or light brown eggs usually. I lkeep reading different things
my chicks have started to lay their eggs but from what I have they lay Brown eggs like chocolate color ones not sure but when my start to lay I will take a pic of it. My Chicks are now 20 weeks my Langshan. I agree I love their feathers too so pretty my have green and sometime purple. ENJOY YOU CHICKS you're welcome :)

my chicks have not started to lay their eggs but from what I have they lay Brown eggs like chocolate color ones not sure but when my start to lay I will take a pic of it. My Chicks are now 20 weeks my Langshan. I agree I love their feathers too so pretty my have green and sometime purple. ENJOY YOU CHICKS you're welcome :)

I think the Asiatic Class in general are relatively quiet birds. I've never really thought any of my hens were noisy. The Langshan cocks didn't crow frequently, but when they did they were big enough birds to generate some attention.

Back
Top Bottom