Langshan Thread!!!

turnipsmom, absolutely beautiful! Still praying I get my chicks from SandHill. They said May 5. They have until the end of this month. I could extend my preferred shipping dates until later but I do not want to go into our hard winters with young chickens. Two more weeks and maybe I can post some picks of black and blue chicks!
idunno.gif

Hi, does anyone know of any breeders that breeds the Langshan that has a plum bloom or occasionally with a plum/ pink egg?

I love the Langshan and am wanting to show them as well, but at the same time I am selling my eggs at the market and am looking for this color
1f60a.png

Thanks everyone!!
This is a post that was made back in September. It may be helpful to read through the thread just to be sure you don't get taken advantage of by breeders selling poor quality birds because of rumors.
May I ask which magazine it was in? Unfortunately thanks to this site and others, rumors have begun to take over and spread rampantly about the Langshans. Mostly that ridiculous purple rumor. People are "preying" on those that have heard these rumors and haven't checked them out. They'll charge anywhere from $100-$200 per pair for junk birds that are small, puny and don't lay the egg color that has been rumored.

In the UK, there are different versions of Langshans. There is the German Langshan, Croad Langshan, and Australian Langshan. There was also a "Modern" Langshan that is thought to be extinct now. The names, in this instance, are to help separate which type of Langshan they are. But, as we only have one type of Langshan in the US, they are simply known as "Langshans."

Does this look like a Langshan? He will be a year next month, his lost all his tail feathers to his brother. Or if someone knows what he is, please help.

Hello!

Unfortunately, the heads of many breeds appear similar. This bird has a very misformed comb as well, however I do not believe this bird has any Asiatic blood in him. He does not appear to have leg feathers at all so would not have Langshan, Brahma or Cochin blood in him.

Had to share a pic of my little "helper"... my Black Langshan "surprise" baby! He/she is ridiculously spoiled...emergency buddies coming in a couple days...just when I thought I was done hatching for the year!!!
tongue.png

Does this look like a Langshan? He will be a year next month, his lost all his tail feathers to his brother. Or if someone knows what he is, please help.

Hmmm...looks like a rose comb with a dark eye color...sadly not a Langshan, but a handsome fellow! Perhaps he has some Wyandotte and Australorp, plus something for the blue color? Andalusian or Orpington perhaps? Or a wyandotte/langshan cross that didn't develop leg feathers? I have a few "handsome mutts" that I keep around because they're pretty...he would qualify in my book!

Back
Top Bottom