Langshan Thread!!!

Pics
Oh no...I meant splash in general. The only live splash Langshan I've ever seen was Forrest Beauford's about 7 years ago. Never seen another one since. You'd think my blues would give me more...but I've finally got one!!!! :D do you have a link to your auction for others to see?? My thing is the lag with this page.

Sorry I been outside with the birds thawing out waterers. Black with silver gene means when you breed it to a splash you get almost 100% blues. you also get a higher quality blue coloration from this breeding generally.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I don't believe that's how it works? Any black bird bred to a splash will produce blue birds.

How is the silver gene different than any other black?

Sorry it took so long to get back to your question but it was a long day at work and i had some customer emails to return. If you ran the calculator using an extended black and a splash you saw that rather than two 100% silver gene carrying blue offspring you got four offspring, two with silver gene and two without. A true blue should have the silver gene. It is essential if u ever transfer the color to anything else, plus you multiply your problems exponentially down the line because it would be a two year process to find out which of the offspring had it and which do not. If you only want blue langshans then it isnt necessarily a problem but if you are selling someone a blue langshan that doesnt have the silver gene and they try transfering the color to another breed you will quickly get the reputation for selling junk birds because a true blue langshan is supposed to have the silver gene.

Back
Top Bottom