Large black spots on rooster’s comb

silversealilies

Chirping
Jul 17, 2020
Hi there, we noticed this black spot on our rooster’s comb - it almost seems like it’s going through to the other side. He seems completely fine in himself. Any ideas?

1B513286-3A05-48F8-A24C-340897E91F14.jpeg

Is there anywhere were he could have cut himself? Do you have any other roosters?
He’s in a coop/run all day, I guess he could’ve cut himself but not sure on what! No other roosters. Does it look like some kind of cut/injury? Just want to make sure it’s not some kind of disease!

He’s in a coop/run all day, I guess he could’ve cut himself but not sure on what! No other roosters. Does it look like some kind of cut/injury? Just want to make sure it’s not some kind of disease!
It looks like a cut to me. Nothing to worry about! Just check around their area so they don't keep hurting themselves.

He has a very large comb, so more likely to get injuries. Sometimes you never figure out what happened. Could have been a very small wound and one of the hens pecked at the blood and made it worse. Could have been a nail or screw head sticking out somewhere, it's really hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom