Large black spots on rooster’s comb

silversealilies

Chirping
Jul 17, 2020
Hi there, we noticed this black spot on our rooster’s comb - it almost seems like it’s going through to the other side. He seems completely fine in himself. Any ideas?

1B513286-3A05-48F8-A24C-340897E91F14.jpeg

Is there anywhere were he could have cut himself? Do you have any other roosters?

Is there anywhere were he could have cut himself? Do you have any other roosters?
He’s in a coop/run all day, I guess he could’ve cut himself but not sure on what! No other roosters. Does it look like some kind of cut/injury? Just want to make sure it’s not some kind of disease!

He’s in a coop/run all day, I guess he could’ve cut himself but not sure on what! No other roosters. Does it look like some kind of cut/injury? Just want to make sure it’s not some kind of disease!
It looks like a cut to me. Nothing to worry about! Just check around their area so they don't keep hurting themselves.

He has a very large comb, so more likely to get injuries. Sometimes you never figure out what happened. Could have been a very small wound and one of the hens pecked at the blood and made it worse. Could have been a nail or screw head sticking out somewhere, it's really hard to say.

Back
Top Bottom