Large Flock

but as far as feeder and waters .. i would say you will need 5-6 feeders i think the ones a tsc have 20 hole per feeder.... and if your using nipple watering i think its 10-12 birds per nipple...

i have ordered some from mcmurry be for i never have had any problems with them. more problems with ups they droped them off at a post office saturday morning and it wasn't even a close post office it was over an hour away by the time they got a hold of us it was time for the post office to close but the manager was really nice and waited for me to get there. but that was about 5 years ago .......

Chicago -

I feed my baby chicks double medicated starter/grower crumble and my adult birds get layer pellets.
I also put Apple Cider Vinegar - with the Mother - in the waterers from day old on. I give ACV with the
Mother as, IMHO and experience over the last three years I've raised chickens, it helps as a disease preventative and as a 'tonic' for improving overall health and vigor as well as improving feather color and texture.

Since Cornish are meat birds I'm not sure what you should feed - go to the meat bird part of the forum or ask your feed store person.

Good luck with your meaties!

Chicago -

I feed my baby chicks double medicated starter/grower crumble and my adult birds get layer pellets.
I also put Apple Cider Vinegar - with the Mother - in the waterers from day old on. I give ACV with the
Mother as, IMHO and experience over the last three years I've raised chickens, it helps as a disease preventative and as a 'tonic' for improving overall health and vigor as well as improving feather color and texture.

Since Cornish are meat birds I'm not sure what you should feed - go to the meat bird part of the forum or ask your feed store person.

Good luck with your meaties!

i also put the apple cider vinegar in the water of mine about once a month for all my chickens my dad told me thats what they did on their farm back in 40,s

Do you use or recommend using the nipples for waterers?
For the feeders how many gallons shhould they be?
Whats a tsc?
Im going to be using 2 ecoglows when they come.
have you used one of those before?

Do you use or recommend using the nipples for waterers?
For the feeders how many gallons shhould they be?
Whats a tsc?
Im going to be using 2 ecoglows when they come.
have you used one of those before? 

Nipples for waterers in the brooder are wonderful. I have a couple of 'em in the coop, too, but with ducks and geese who really need to dunk their bills into water for their health, not just to play in it, I also keep waterers suitable for them in the yard .... The adult, flock chickens prefer drinking from regular waterers if hey are available, so the nipple waterers don't get used as much.

TSC is Tractor Supply Company, a farm supplies company all over the U.S.

I have three EcoGlows, two of the smaller units and one of the larger ones. I will never, ever, use a heat / brooder lamp for chicks ever again. They are WONDERFUL.

Back
Top Bottom