Large Flock

right now counting 4 ducks and my chicks between 1 week an a month im at 40 .. made up of of leghorns, new hampshire red, 1 speckled sussex my favorite, couple buff bantams, some i save from the egg farm, 10 silver laced, 13 cornish rocks there the little ones .. but they wont be in the flock long... and im most likely going to get a dozen or so RIR's and probally another dozen leghorns mine are 3 years old but still at least 5 eggs a week from each so haven't deside on those yet may hold of till next spring..

How Many of you have a Large flock?
60 or more chickens?
And what kind do you have?
:)

what you working with????
D.gif

oh cool! I bet it fun to have a variety of birds.
In May I will be getting 100 cornish X Males.
I am in need of advice,
I dont know how any feeders/waterers I should have for them.
What do you feed your adult chickens?
cracked corn? oats?

I have a 'primary' laying and breeding flock of four breeds plus a few assorted breeds for which I have no rooster. I also grow out and Heritage Breed chicks and sell them as started, POL and laying pullets.

My primary breeding stock are Welsummers, Black Australorps, Barred Plymouth Rocks and EEs.
In with them I have White Leghorns, Buff Orpingtons and a Coronation Sussex - there are 40 in my current flock.

Today is hatch day for 42 eggs - they will be crosses of our 4 primary breeds and on Wednesday I will
be getting 58 pullet chicks from my favorite hatchery - Meyer in Ohio.

When my 42 chicks hatch and I get the 58 later this week - plus my flock of 40 I will have a total of 140.

Wow, that is alot of chickens.
42 hatching today, I bet is exciting.
Have your ever ordered your chicks from Mcmurray Hatchery?
I ordered my 100 from there. I will be getting 100 Cornish X in May.
since you have over 100 chickens maybe you could help me out better.
How many feeders/ waters will I need for 100 chickens?
Do you use a nipple water system?

I have 50 hens/pullets, 3 roosters, two Toulouse ganders, four turkeys, 23 ducks and 24 eggs in an incubator with a hatch date of March 31st.

All but one drake are Cayuga; that drake is a call duck. The turkeys are a pair of juvenile Midget Whites and two BBB hens.

The chickens are all sorts of breeds and sizes; large fowl and bantams of many different breeds. There are some broody hens who have hatched a variety of mixed breed chicks.

They are pets and almost all of them are named. I wait for the individual birds to exhibit their personality traits before I name them.

Oh Your guys birds are so much more interesting than my birds.
I bet its exciting to see them hatch.
Do the chickens know their names?

oh cool! I bet it fun to have a variety of birds.
In May I will be getting 100 cornish X Males.
I am in need of advice,
I dont know how any feeders/waterers I should have for them.
What do you feed your adult chickens?
cracked corn? oats?

are you raising them for meat?

Back
Top Bottom