Large Flock

How many hours a day do you check on your birds?

well i work on my property so im outside all day i check on the little ones 4-5 a day and a couple times in the middle of the night but all my grown birds they are usually done laying wen i go in for lunch like right now,so i just open up the coop and don't worry about them till night then i just close the door , but im guessing you'll have yours locked up since there meat birds? it should be fine to just check on them a couple times a day once there feathered ..

i know my cornish are growing really fast they are almost twice the size of my other chicks of the same age.. i 've only ever done dual purpose when it comes to meat bird but if no problems with there fast growth it seems it will be a pretty fast turn over

Well right now all these people are saying they are going to order, but you know how people talk.
Im thinking after we have the 1st batch sold we will order another batch in.
Im getting them around may 18-21, I was hoping they would be ready by the 4th of july but i dont think thats gonna happen.
I dont know what to charge yet, nobody that i know of does it in my area.
Im trying to think whats smarter.
A town 25 miles away will process the bird for 2.60.
Or
A town thats 50 miles away will do it for 2.25.
With gas prices it almost seems cheaper to go to the one thats charges 2.60.
I was thinking of charging 9 for a whole bird but i dont know i thats to cheap when processing it is almost 3 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom