Large Fowl Cochin Thread

One of my Cochin girls is starting to get the gross poop streak again, is this "normal" or am I dealing with an issue?

Happens when chickens come into lay once again because the vent is very loose and cannot pinch off a loaf like it did previously. When not laying they have nice, clean fluffies but when laying they often have that little drip strip.

Happens when chickens come into lay once again because the vent is very loose and cannot pinch off a loaf like it did previously.  When not laying they have nice, clean fluffies but when laying they often have that little drip strip. 

Ya know, I had one girl do it all last year...gave the brat more than one butt bath, and it never really helped. I do clip the clumps when they're hard, just cause it seems to help stop the thickening of the poop streak. My Cochin girls tend to get it worse...guess it's more of a worry if they all do it? As opposed to just one or two of a specific breed. Thanks Bee:)

Happens when chickens come into lay once again because the vent is very loose and cannot pinch off a loaf like it did previously. When not laying they have nice, clean fluffies but when laying they often have that little drip strip.
ep.gif
lau.gif

I am just joining this thread, I only have one Cochin at the moment and LOVE her. She is a Silver Laced Cochin, named Cochin lol. Id love to get more SLC very soon.

This is Cochin

Did you get her from a breeder or did you hatch her yourself. I ordered some SLW hatching eggs, but you know how disappointing that can be. Hope to at least hatch a few.
smile.png
I got her as a started pullet from a BYC member in my State that was rehoming her. She got her as a chick from local breeder(this breeder has closed her flock so she is not a source I can use).

I am currently looking for hatching eggs from a good source but have yet to find one.

I got her as a started pullet from a BYC member in my State that was rehoming her. She got her as a chick from local breeder(this breeder has closed her flock so she is not a source I can use).

I am currently looking for hatching eggs from a good source but have yet to find one.

I will let you know how these hatch out and look like. From the pictures their stock look pretty nice, but guess i will see.

Back
Top Bottom