Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Congratulations! I'm excited for you, and admittedly a little envious! Hope I get to hatch some myself soon. In the meantime, please post pics when you can so the rest of us can get our cuteness "fix", LOL.

Congratulations! I'm excited for you, and admittedly a little envious! Hope I get to hatch some myself soon. In the meantime, please post pics when you can so the rest of us can get our cuteness "fix", LOL.

They are just so cute. Maybe you guys can help me figure out colors? I purchased eggs that were a suprise lot so I don't know what they will be and since these are my first I don't have any experience on colors. :)

I think your brownish one might be a Partridge (based on the photo, it seems much too dark for a Buff), and the blackish one will become all Black in time. That's only my opinion based on chicks I've actually owned. I know they can fool us!

Last edited:
Hello, I also like meny other have been searching for the LARGE FOWL Cochin hatching eggs. Gold lace or the lovely mottled Cochins. Anyone with some info of breeders in the UK would be very much appreciated.

Cheer's
Karen.

I think your brownish one might be a Partridge (based on the photo, it seems much too dark for a Buff), and the blackish one will become all Black in time. That's only my opinion based on chicks I've actually owned. I know they can fool us!

Yeah I was thinking partridge for the brown as well. I'm torn with the blacks. I have three but only posted a pic of one. One looks like it could be silver laced, 2nd one im guessing possibly barred and the 3rd black like you said. I'm just going off the fluff pics I found off of feathersite lol. I do know the father was partridge. In the pic I saw mom's that were barred,silver laced,buff,partridge, blue, black and white lol. So I pretty much could end up with anything under the son lmao.. :p

These are all the same chick, "Bigfoot" at different stages. I didn't expect him to be pure black when he grew up (shows how much I knew at the time, LOL). In the last pic, he's still just a "teenager", but he had his adult colors.

You could end up with something totally unique! I forgot to ask if any frizzle was in the mix?
No frizzle. I'm glad though. I try to stay away from lethal gene carriers. :)
These are all the same chick, "Bigfoot" at different stages. I didn't expect him to be pure black when he grew up (shows how much I knew at the time, LOL). In the last pic, he's still just a "teenager", but he had his adult colors.
He is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure one of mine is black. I'm almost positive one is barred as well. Can't wait to see the outcomes. :)

No frizzle. I'm glad though. I try to stay away from lethal gene carriers. :)
He is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure one of mine is black. I'm almost positive one is barred as well. Can't wait to see the outcomes. :)

Who told you frizzle was a lethal gene? Even if you breed two frizzles together, they still hatch. They have feather issues, but they don't die in shell.

Back
Top Bottom