Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Pics
Hello all! I think I posted here before, last spring when I got a pair of blue cochins.

The very first cochin I got was my big, beautiful red roo. His name is Hawk and he runs the show around the coop. He is a gorgeous color (atleast in my opinion)

and has a great personality, but unfortunately everything else about him stinks, lol. Poor feathering, comb not so great, a bit too leggy...This past spring I got another amazing pair of cochins from some eggs I hatched, after I lost my first pair of blues. I had a beautiful blue hen and a big, beautiful splash roo. The hen we lost a couple of weeks ago along with 5 other chickens when a fox paid us a visit. So, a few structural modifications later, I am looking for either some eggs or some good quality pullets so my splash boy can have some hens and I can have some good stock up here. I am really interested in the laced colors- gold and silver, but honestly at this point havent narrowed down my color choices for certain. I am looking to see what is available and then will decide from there I guess! I still have so much to learn about cochins and their breeding, but I cant think of a better place to start than this thread:)

ETA a pic of Hawk the red roo.

Last edited:
Know of anyone who breeds Giant Silver Laced Cochins? I'm in California and I'm having a hard time finding eggs or birds. Also I'll be at the PPBA Poultry show at the end of the month if anyone will be there with some silver laced? Thanks!

still looking for dark partridge cochins large fowl ? i have them . will be ready for pick up in april. brady

Back
Top Bottom