Large Fowl Cochin Thread

My first LF Cochins
big_smile.png
Lavender Rooster and Hen and black hen. They are sooooo cute!!! Had to share.

Thank you for the pointers and I'll probably take you up on that Bo. I'm a newbie at this and would love to learn more. Right now they are only a couple weeks old so I'll give them a little more time and get some good pictures of them.

Thank you!
Carol Ann

We thought this guy was barred, but he recently started adding a light gold next to his barring. He is 10 months old now.

Also, his neck is the result of him battling a black langshan for their ladies. They are now separated.

We also have two barred hens, but they are ALOT darker black. Is he a barred, double barred, or something else?

I had this one hatch yesterday as well as a few black. How can you tell it if a chick is blue or splash? The one pictured below had a lot more yellow on him than the other one that hatched and I believe is blue. What do you guys think this one is, blue or splash? Thanks in advance!

Thx, here are some more pictures of 2 females I bred this year. One much mottled oter one less mottled. Second year they will become much more mottled.

Second female

Both from behind:

Mine are a year old and look a lot like the second , cant wait till next year they should really show off , if I ever make it across the pond I am going to have to look you up , have you ever seen any of the cochin house birds?

Back
Top Bottom