Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Pics
80875_img_0115.jpg

Is anyone interested in some LF Partridge? I have a few birds available for pick up at Crossroads. Email me if you are interested. Will try to get a few pictures and put them on my website. But the pics up there are the parent stock.

Hi Aspen..ty, I just love 'em. :) I don't have any laying right now. My older girls are finishing their moult and the young ladies from this Spring won't be laying for a while yet. If you like I can p.m. you when they start up again?
I'm always happy to find other Cochin fanciers! Seems most people are looking for economical egg machines, which these guys definitely are not lol, but they have plenty of other great qualities which more than make up for that. It's nice to know that there are dedicated breeders out there.

I posted this in the Cochin Breeding/Genetics thread, but is anyone working on standard red cochins? I'd like to see some nice standard reds.

It is actually possible to get decent stock from a hatchery. With LF Reds, you aren't going to find nice ones anywhere. Tim Bowles had some acceptable Red Bantams for sale at Crossroads. My guess is that you could cross them on LF blacks or maybe Buff and have something in only a couple generations, but I actually have no idea what the genetics of red look like. It sure is pretty, though.

Back
Top Bottom