Large hard growth between toes

calliepax

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 14, 2013
I have a hen that has this growth on top of and between her toes. I brought her in, cleaned it up and thought it might be soft and need to be drained. But, it is hard and when I did try to lance it, there was only a small amount of blood that came out. Does anyone know what this might be and how to treat it? I do not have a Vet that works on chickens close by.

I have a hen with a similar lump between her toes but not nearly as large as your hen's lump. My hen's is same color as her feet. Your hen's looks like a tumor of some kind to me. Does it interfere with her walking or roosting?

I have a silkie hen that has a growth on the top of her foot. I have been spraying it with Vetricin, but hasn't helped.
Today I decided to separate her and give her some antibiotics in her water. I don't know what caused it, and what to do??
I also sprayed her feet with olive oil, as they look gnarled and bumpy.

It doesn't seem it interfere with her walking or roosting at all. It just looks pretty bad and I have no clue what to do about it.

My thoughts exactly because I learned from eggcessive that mareks can cause tumors.
Unfortunately I do not know because the whole flock was given to me about 8 months ago. They came from someone who's husband died and she couldn't take care of them any longer.

Back
Top Bottom