Large lump on chicken's breast

I am so thankful for Backyard Chickens. I just picked up my 10 week old Easter Egger and felt this lump, being a Nurse it felt like a very large cyst. To come in the house, search it and find within a minute that it is perfectly normal saved me from worrying. Thanks everyone!!!!!

So thankful for this thread. We just got 3 hens this week, they are already laying, but we just noticed today that they had lumps on their chests like this. My daughter thought they had an egg stuck in their chest!

I was so freaked out, thanks once again to this site, I can sleep tonite rest assured my Vanya ok

thanks everyone - have not had chickens since I was a child and did not remember this one - thought I got deformed chicks///// they are now about 7 weeks old and I wondered what that was===LOL

I know this is an old thread, but I just joined this forum to ask about a lump I noticed on my Silver Spangled Hamburg today! I was so worried about her I have been googling for about an hour trying to figure out what could be wrong with her!

Thank you to everyone who contributes information to any of the threads on this forum, it is so appreciated.

I will keep an eye on my little lady's 'crop' and hope that it isn't impacted (it is quite firm to touch). I was feeding them some leftover christmas ham this morning, so I think I have also learned a valuable lesson to not let them gorge themselves on leftovers!

Fingers crossed she will be back to normal soon! She didn't really seem too fussed by the lump, except she was moving her neck a little bit weirdly, like she was slightly uncomfortable. She wasn't doing it much though and was still running around like usual.

Thanks again!!!

I was just coming on to post the same thing. Whew!,, thanks for all the great response....I was thinking an egg had somehow made its way into her chest!:/:/

I am also so glad I found this thread. My husband and I just freaked out when we found a lump like this on our 7 week old Americauna. Both having worked in the medical field we thought tumor or cyst and were scared. We adore our little girl already.

I put some extra grit in with her for the night and hopefully all will be well in the morning. She was pigging out in the back yard today and I did see her eating some rather wide bladed grass.

haha this thread caught my eye because my chicken 'charlie' has a lump on her chest and i was getting really worried
barnie.gif

so glad its nothing to worry about though.
BTW anyone know how to get a egg binding hen better
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom