Large Tom needs a home

Praxxus

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 2, 2010
Minnesota
I have no idea whether this is the right area. If it isn't, please let me know ok? I have a 3 yr old domestic (eastern) Tom turkey that needs a home or to be served for dinner. He definitely can't stay here. He attacks me or any other human on sight. I raised him from a chick. His children are perfectly gentle and mild but he is angry and cannot be reasoned with. I'm not selling him. I want to give him away but you'd have to pick him up. I'm in Minnesota just north of Askov. I have a video of him and I on Youtube if you'd like to see him. I could toss in a female to keep him company if you'd like? He and she are proven breeders. She is mild and very friendly.

It's at the very end of the video. He's the one in the cage behind me. And yes he is JUST that mean. lol

ps: You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow what beautiful birds. Have you tried giving him an egg? I have an old friend who had a mean male that always wanted to take over nests. When he was sitting he was happy...... Just an Idea.

lau.gif

lau.gif

lau.gif

I love the video. He is too funny. He is really a character. All of your turkeys are BEAUTIFUL !!! Hope ya find a home for him. He made my day. I'm still laughing. And I love the captions in the video.
gig.gif

Hey Praxxus,

I'm not nearly ready to take a bird like that, but I only live about 30 miles north of you. Coop is not built, well actually it is, just need to convert an old playhouse into a coop and build a run. Only have poults in a brooder for now. I'll check with some friends and see if anyone wants him, but I have to say that he may be hard to get rid of. When are you moving?? If I have enough time I may be able to get something set up. Are you leaving all your birds with the new owner? If you are I may be willing to take a few of those to.

Last edited:
I have no idea when I'll be moving. Once the house gets an offer, it's a matter of rushing to buy another house and moving as quickly as possble. The birds will stay with the new owner if they want them, but it's unknown whether the new owner will even want birds. Anything that the new owner doesn't want will be given away. I'll be starting a new flock at my new home.
cool.png

Love the video
lau.gif
Wish I lived a little closer because I wopuld take him in a heart beat. I have about 30 turkeys right now and about 60 chickens. It looks lick he just needs an additude ajustment and I have a 3 year old tom that would give him exactly that. I have only had one Tom that I couldnt break. we named him Smoke, short for smoker, or smoking pit and he made it there to.
big_smile.png

Well The Evil tom is home with me and he is more frisky than evil. I picked him up today along with a hen. I'm putting up hardware clothe all around the bottom and out a foot to keep predators out. They will stay in the coop tomorrow until I get home from work and can put up the clothe. The coop is for the most part in the shade and if I open the windows they will be fine.

2010-07-25165752.jpg

2010-07-25165823.jpg

2010-07-25170212.jpg

BTW-The entire top is covered with 2x4 welded wire as well if you cant tell by the pics.

Back
Top Bottom