Large tumor like growth on my hen

calliepax

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 14, 2013

My hen has this huge tumor like mass on the right underside of her abdomen. I have drained it once and was able to get some light yellowish fluid out but it did not get much smaller at all and it was very hard. Does anyone have a clue what this could be or how to treat her?

Last edited:
Could she possibly be egg bound?

I do not believe she's egg bound, she has been like this for a couple weeks. She eats and drinks with no problem. She even chases bugs, she hops on one leg, but she will chase them. She will stand on both legs, but usually hops wherever she goes.

I need help. Just got this hen from auction and she has this mass. I seen it when i bought her in cage with 3 other hens. They came as group. Was hoping maybe egg bound. I inserted finger and mass doesnt seem like it is from her vent. Had my finger a couple inches and could feel another hole inside but disnt know if i should go that far in. What is th
is? Egg nound or tumor.

I need help. Just got this hen from auction and she has this mass. I seen it when i bought her in cage with 3 other hens. They came as group. Was hoping maybe egg bound. I inserted finger and mass doesnt seem like it is from her vent. Had my finger a couple inches and could feel another hole inside but disnt know if i should go that far in. What is this? Egg nound or tumor.

That is exactly what my girls tumor looks like! She is still alive, the tumor has gotten a little bigger, but she still gets around just fine. I still have no clue what exactly it is, what caused it or how to treat it.

Do you know if she was vaccinated for Mareks disease? Tumors can be common in chickens, but especially if they have Mareks disease or avian leukosis.

Back
Top Bottom