Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
Not when you're trying to dig or grow anything bigger than a mouse

Well I don't know about you but I'd use them on my lithops. Currently I have to go to local parks and beaches to find stones small enough for them, and I'm not too keen on being known as the crazy guy that takes pebbles and stones and puts them in his bag

Well I don't know about you but I'd use them on my lithops. Currently I have to go to local parks and beaches to find stones small enough for them, and I'm not too keen on being known as the crazy guy that takes pebbles and stones and puts them in his bag
Oh, most of these stones are like the size of a Xbox controller

Eggtopsies
16 araucana and 1 Cornish. About 7 were undeveloped, 3 should have finished their yolks and hatched, and the rest stopped at some point before. The araucana were in extremely thick membranes. One was going to hatch yellow, the rest I could tell were black.

20230521_151609.jpg

20230521_151606.jpg

Lone Cornish v
20230521_151645.jpg

I moved 3 (4) broodies into a coop for their chicks.
Cochin Mama and her 4 (she lost one early on that had been skinned by its original mama before I gave him to her)
Brahma and her 1
Jezebel and Phoenix and their 2 (also hatched the skinned one)

Spitzhauben has some under her as well. She lost one earlier today. Depending on how she looks tomorrow after work, I may move her into the chick coop as well.

Also left the door to the sexlink coop open by accident a few days ago. Something snagged Mrs. Reynolds that night. I still haven't found any remains, so I really don't know what it would have been since odds were something would have had to climb/fly into the top door down into the box and then take her out. Screams raccoon to me, but they never moved birds very far last year and nothing has come back so far, thankfully, so I'm hoping it was just an owl or coyote that snagged her on a lucky break. More than possible if she was sleeping on top of the run and not in the house.

They might have tried to snag the Wyandotte too, a lot of her feathers were in the house, and she suddenly looks like she's in the middle of a hard molt.

Tying the door shut for now, just to discourage anything that might try again.

Back
Top Bottom