Larkwell Valley (2023)

Pics
It's the broody shuffle at your place isn't? I think there's a song in there somewhere.
I feel as if musical chairs (chicks and eggs being the chairs) has been playing since the barred cochin first hatched out her first chick, if not before then.

Probably won't end until August either if I'm being honest. Trying to just get as many knocked out as I can before I leave so there are less nests my friend has to check for marked eggs. It's way easier when I can just tell them that any eggs they want are up for grabs

I haven't really shown him off besides the single photo from when I got home. But I have a mix rooster that absolutely cracks me up. His crow sounds more like a laughing rooster than Tatiana's does, amd this boy doesn't have anything to do with any long crower breed. He's half Asian Black and half Calico Princess

Hopefully the egg I snagged last night hatched. And hopefully it didn't rain while I was sleeping. Mare is acting funny (I almost worry Cochin Mama and Effie stole all her chicks) and I didn't want to put cochin mama in the house with her over night when she has wonky wing, the little Brahma mix and often the other little blue cochin all under her.

Golden Child is also on eggs, hoping most are hers and her mothers.

Egg hasn't hatched, but still alive. Looks like it's still chewing it's yolk so hands off besides redampening the membrane quickly.

I'll be candling the last two eggs tonight to see if they're getting close. Bunny needs to start caring for her chicks that she's hatched.

Some of One Leg's chicks. The Java mix male (Pickles), his sister and the sexlink. Comparing the mix siblings to each other, Pickles definitely gives himself away
20230531_093055.jpg
20230531_093056.jpg
20230531_093242.jpg
20230531_093142.jpg

Back
Top Bottom