Lash Egg help

RubelliteRose

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
SE Virginia
My 14 month old Dominique dropped 2-3 shell-less eggs from the roost almost a week ago (we weren't sure who laid them at first). After the 3rd one, we were able to identify her as she refused to leave the roost. I got her down, brought her into the house for the day and that night. I started giving her calcium tablets (600 mg calcium carbonate + D3 - one tablet a day). She was pooping, but it was very runny. She has had 3 calcium tablets so far and passed a small lash egg last night.
Is there anything else we can do for her? I've been trying to locate Fish Mox or any amoxicillin locally, but apparently there is a manufacturer back order. I can get 250 mg Aqua-mox online and pay for 2 day shipping to get it here early next week, but will that be too late to bother with antibiotics? Are there any other classes of antibiotics that might work? Thanks for any advice.
IMG_20210617_194523081.jpg

Have you looked in your TSC physically to see if they have any Fish Antibiotics?
My store does carry it, but it does not show that when looking online. Just a thought, if you store is fairly close by, might be worth a try.

I would try treating her with antibiotics to see they make any difference.

Did she perk up any after expelling that?

Thanks! My daughter checked the store closest to us, but there is a store a little further away that tends to be better stocked. I didn't even think about stuff being in the store if it didn't show up online🤦‍♀️. If not, then we will go ahead and order from the other website.
She did have a more regular poop today and does seem to be feeling a little better, but is still acting off.

Amoxy is a good idea. She's young and salpingitis is is a low grade infection that may well respond well to an antibiotic at this time. Get her started on it as soon as you can, but if it takes until next week, it shouldn't matter a great deal. She should have a good chance of clearing up the infection with ten days on amoxy.

Keep up the calcium meanwhile.

Thanks! My daughter checked the store closest to us, but there is a store a little further away that tends to be better stocked. I didn't even think about stuff being in the store if it didn't show up online🤦‍♀️. If not, then we will go ahead and order from the other website.
She did have a more regular poop today and does seem to be feeling a little better, but is still acting off.
Yes, I've noticed quite a few things like that, especially for my store. So...if it's doable, I usually just go in person just to see.

I'm glad she's feeling a little better. I agree, I would continue with the calcium. I would probably also give her a direct dose of poultry vitamins for a couple of days as well for a boost. I don't give vitamins for more than 3 days in a row.

Amoxy is a good idea. She's young and salpingitis is is a low grade infection that may well respond well to an antibiotic at this time. Get her started on it as soon as you can, but if it takes until next week, it shouldn't matter a great deal. She should have a good chance of clearing up the infection with ten days on amoxy.

Keep up the calcium meanwhile.
My husband is on the way to TS right now. We started giving the calcium based on your advice on other threads so THANK YOU!!

Back
Top Bottom