Lash Egg help

Is there a reason why you don't use layer feed?
We had a multi month gap between when our first one laid and when the last one started. We also had one who stopped laying for several months. I forgot to add that we also have oyster shell on the side. Generally no kitchen scraps, just as a very rare treat.

The Aqua-Mox arrived today. For some reason I was expecting a tablet, but received capsules. My dosage question is: Onyx weighs 3.45lbs (she has always been tiny for a Dominique) which at 57 mg/lb is 197 mg. The capsules are 250 mg. Is it close enough to give her 1 capsule or should I try to eyeball the lesser amount?
Edit: I saw the advice to pour the powder onto a line to divide it and then mix with coconut oil to make a pill so I will do that:)

Last edited:
The Aqua-Mox arrived today. For some reason I was expecting a tablet, but received capsules. My dosage question is: Onyx weighs 3.45lbs (she has always been tiny for a Dominique) which at 57 mg/lb is 197 mg. The capsules are 250 mg. Is it close enough to give her 1 capsule or should I try to eyeball the lesser amount?
Edit: I saw the advice to pour the powder onto a line to divide it and then mix with coconut oil to make a pill so I will do that:)
Honestly, I would just give her 1 capsule twice a day since it's that close.

But, if you want to get down to the nitty gritty, you can divide it all up and make a pill with the coconut oil - that works too:)

Wanted to follow up and thank everyone, especially @Wyorp Rock , for your help. Onyx has been back to her normal self for a while and today I was able to confirm that she is laying eggs again😄. We have 4 hens who lay almost identical eggs, so I weren't sure if she was laying or just hanging out until today when she stood up in the nest box and I pulled out an egg that was still slightly wet😉
For what it's worth, she and I compromised on the pills. I didn't like measuring out her dose, but she loved the coconut oil pill. I ended up mixing the whole amount in coconut oil and just assumed that some would be lost. She learned within a day to recognized the wax paper I used to hold it and came running up to me for her special treat.

Wanted to follow up and thank everyone, especially @Wyorp Rock , for your help. Onyx has been back to her normal self for a while and today I was able to confirm that she is laying eggs again😄. We have 4 hens who lay almost identical eggs, so I weren't sure if she was laying or just hanging out until today when she stood up in the nest box and I pulled out an egg that was still slightly wet😉
For what it's worth, she and I compromised on the pills. I didn't like measuring out her dose, but she loved the coconut oil pill. I ended up mixing the whole amount in coconut oil and just assumed that some would be lost. She learned within a day to recognized the wax paper I used to hold it and came running up to me for her special treat.
Thank you for the update!
I'm glad to hear that Onyx is doing much better!

LOL Too cute about the coconut oil pill! I'm glad it worked for you and I hope she continues do well:)

Back
Top Bottom