Lash Egg??

@Wyorp Rock Thank you! I started her on Tylan 50 while I waited for the AMYTL. I chased down one of those "online vets" while I was scrambling and that is what he recommended. I first noticed a soft egg in my nest box that belonged to one of my two Jersey Giants. Then, there was the whole egg white and egg yolk incident. At that point, I went to the vet. Since then, she does eat. https://allbirdproducts.com/products/amtyl

I will add oyster shells to the cage she's in as well as the 1 Caltrate.

I am so appreciative! I hate getting charged all this money with no answers!

@Wyorp Rock How do you administer (and obtain) the 1 Caltrate? Is it the human kind given to chickens?
Yes, just the human kind you buy at WalMart, CVS, etc.

The Tylan50 is fine if that's what you have. Dose for injectable Tylan 50 is .25ml per pound of weight give orally 3 times a day for 5 days.

The AmTyl you ordered would be o.k. it's just Amoxicillin with Tylosin (Tylan).

Well. It appears that you are not alone in the shelling out of $$$ for no answers. Seems to be something you have in common with many people that land on BYC.

It may be some time yet before vet schools start teaching about treating chickens. The rationale against it probably has a lot to do with chickens being a favorite meat source in our culture as well as very short life spans.

So we try to fill the gap here. You've had good advice from all the others. I'll just offer a source for the antibiotic suggested, and I also strongly suggest your hen be given it. https://www.kvsupply.com/item/aqua-mox-250mg-capsules-100-count/P06184/
@azygous Thank you. How do we make it an oral dose? Dissolve in water and administer?

No, you do not want to dilute the dose in water. It comes in gel cap form and you simply push the pill into the chicken's beak. The 250mg dose is the proper daily dose. The chicken will have zero problem swallowing it. Treat for ten full days.
@azygous I like that, because then I don't have to keep her separated from the flock, because she is currently drinking her dose through her water source. Do you think I have to worry about flock contagion?

B1DD3C18-FEF1-4B5F-B0EB-879B911845FE.jpeg

Today’s egg!!! YAY!!!!! Do you think she can reunite with the flock after the last two days of treatment?

Back
Top Bottom