Lash egg?

Thank you so much for all of this information!

I will get some calcium tomorrow. A few days ago there was a soft shell egg.

I’m happy to update that there are still no signs of a sick chicken. They are all acting normal and there were no surprises in the nesting box today. I will keep checking and if there is anything unusual, I will take it out and get better/more pictures.

Also, we do have older hens. We only have 12 but half of them are over 3 years old. The two oldest are 5.

Thank you!

I have had several hens with reproductive disorders, confirmed on necropsy after death. But I have never seen a lash egg from my hens. Many times they are eaten before they are seen. I would probably give the fish mox since it won’t hurt her. Just toss out her eggs for at least 2 weeks after completion. But it is up to you whether to treat her or not. Many people don’t like to use antibiotics without a vet, so that is understandable.

I have had several hens with reproductive disorders, confirmed on necropsy after death. But I have never seen a lash egg from my hens. Many times they are eaten before they are seen. I would probably give the fish mox since it won’t hurt her. Just toss out her eggs for at least 2 weeks after completion. But it is up to you whether to treat her or not. Many people don’t like to use antibiotics without a vet, so that is understandable.
Thank you. I am willing to try antibiotics if needed. Unfortunately, I don’t know which of my 12 chickens it came from. Do I treat the whole flock and throw all their eggs out?

Thank you. I am willing to try antibiotics if needed. Unfortunately, I don’t know which of my 12 chickens it came from. Do I treat the whole flock and throw all their eggs out?
No, I would try to narrow it down who might be having the problem. Check on them during the day to see who is laying, and check for more unusual droppings. Unnecessary antibiotics are not good for chickens, and I would only treat the one with problems. It is better to not treat her, than to treat the whole flock.

Back
Top Bottom