Last call for Penny the Pekin with mystery skin ailment

you cant see some of the mites theres also lice AND SOAK HER IN SOME WARM EPSON SALTSbut dont lety her drink it stay with it plz. mites and lice kill a lot of animals

I am going to giver her a soak but my local grange does not sell anything for mite treatment except something natural with pumpkin seed. They used to carry permethrin but some FDA regulations made them stop. So I won't be able to get it for a few days :(

Would a yeast infection cause the large raw patches of irritated skin and bleeding? I'm so confused, and have not heard back from the vet. Even when I do, I'm just not sure how much experience he has, since he works in a very urban center. What kind of medicated bath are you talking of @chickens really?

Would a yeast infection cause the large raw patches of irritated skin and bleeding? I'm so confused, and have not heard back from the vet. Even when I do, I'm just not sure how much experience he has, since he works in a very urban center. What kind of medicated bath are you talking of @chickens really?
Seriously if she is over pruning with a yeast build up she can cause that damage to herself.
A Vet will need to help with a proper shampoo and medication to stop the yeast though.
A quick test by a skin scrapping will diagnose an overload of yeast on the skin.

Thank you all for your support. I haven't heard from the vet I called this morning, but I just made an appointment with a different one - an avian expert, and will get a skin scrape. Unfortunately I can't get her in until the 20th, but I'm on a waitlist for cancellations. I will order the permethrin and give that a try too.

Back
Top Bottom