Last call for Penny the Pekin with mystery skin ailment

@CoriM after feeding my flock fermented feed for close to 6- or more years I finally stopped the FF about 2 months ago because of all the feed they wasted in their buckets. Would you believe since I have been feeding a pellet they are not wasting nothing like they did when on FF. I don’t know why. No more sludge in the bottom of their buckets and dropped all around their feed pans. So give it a try and see what you think.

@Miss Lydia Thanks for that feedback. I had planned to buy a small bag of something different tonight, and will give it a try. Do you have a recommendation? I'm not sure I'll have much option at my grange, but I might be able to order something online.

@casportpony
My duck weighs 10 pounds. Yes I gave it via dropper straight into her mouth, twice a day. I'm assuming I received correct dosage from the vet. I was giving 1/2 mg of the cephalexin and I believe 1 mg of the tylosin (it could have been 1.5 but I've thrown away the dropper with the marking on it, just know it was more than the cephalexin).

@Miss Lydia It would sure be easier to do a different feed! I know it's not that much work to ferment, but having all those containers of fermented feed and making sure they're constantly stirred and going is a little bit of work :)

Also, I've had the records from my first vet visit forwarded on to this new person, so I'm hoping we're a step or two ahead. I will definitely do the skin scraping if the vet can't diagnose. Hopefully she remains stable until the 20th. There was no bleeding this morning and the areas didn't look bad. It's so up and down.

@casportpony
My duck weighs 10 pounds. Yes I gave it via dropper straight into her mouth, twice a day. I'm assuming I received correct dosage from the vet. I was giving 1/2 mg of the cephalexin and I believe 1 mg of the tylosin (it could have been 1.5 but I've thrown away the dropper with the marking on it, just know it was more than the cephalexin).
Do you mean you gave 1/2 ml and 1 ml? Do you still have the bottles it came in?

@casportpony Yes, that's how much I gave her each dose. The tylosin seemed like it lasted a week and a half and the other one more like a week.
I am trying to figure out if you gave enough of either, but I need to know more about the medication, as in how many mg of medication were in one ml.

Back
Top Bottom