Last egg

Larley123

Hatching
Jul 23, 2021
I bought a hen who had already laid eggs. I have ten eggs 8 have hatched and are healthy running around but there’s one egg left which hasn’t hatched and hen has taken out of nest and is sitting on it still the 10th has disappeared 🧐. But I’m unsure if I should take the last egg out or just leave it in there. I’m still a little unsure with candleing and what I’m looking for

I bought a hen who had already laid eggs. I have ten eggs 8 have hatched and are healthy running around but there’s one egg left which hasn’t hatched and hen has taken out of nest and is sitting on it still the 10th has disappeared 🧐. But I’m unsure if I should take the last egg out or just leave it in there. I’m still a little unsure with candleing and what I’m looking for
I’ve also a cockerel who has been mating another hen she’s laying eggs but not sitting on them

How long has she been off the nest? If you get a high powered flash light or cell phone light, and shine the light through the air cell in a dark room, you should be able to see something or some movement is the chick is alive.

I feel like I'm not completely understanding your question and I apologize. Has the hen got off the nest and kicked the egg out of the nest? Or is she still sitting? If she's sitting, how long have the others been hatched? I'm sorry

The chicks hatched 2 days ago and she has been caring for them. They were moved to a different space as so the could move around but I left the egg with her has she was pushing it under her and sitting on it but then getting up and being with her chicks

I dunno if it’s gonna hatch.went into a dark room and put it on my phone light and it’s just black doesn’t shine up

Back
Top Bottom