Last Minute Gifting

He is a punk? Does he dye his hair in crazy colors? Run to Sallys and get him Manic Panic, nrage or Beyond the Zone color. All are semi permanents, but the last one last pretty dang long.

Does he have a good sense of humor??? If so this is what I did...

1. Get a bedpan. Or a basket or pot whatever works.
2. Lay the 10 $1 bills in it.
3. Put 1 dozen of your best colors of eggs in it.
4. Pack well in over size box.

Label DO NOT SHAKE. FRAGILE, DO NOT DROP.
Make him wait to open for a little bit. Drives men crazy....
(My person had to wait 6+ hours, we were very busy that am.

He gets $10 and 1 dozen eggs for breakfast, whats not to love about this. And he also gets a good laugh.

BTW, This is what I did at my gift exchange at work. $20 limit, got a tumbler put chocolate kisses in it. Wrapped it, put it on the bottom of a good size box,, layer cardboard in that to hide. Packed the eggs, covered with tissue paper then wrapped the box and added the lables. It was the hit of the party for best gift. Farm fresh eggs 2 dozen, my cost when a little over eggs.

But the best news is I picked up 6 new egg customers.

Maye

Last edited:
If you kind of know what music he already has, here are some bands/albums he might like (most of these are pop-punk or punk rock):
- the Adolescents
- the Descendents
- OLD AFI (ie. "Answer that and stay fashionable", "Very Proud of Ya", "Sing the Sorrow" )
- OLD Greenday (ie. "Kerplunk" album)
- Anti-flag
- Black Flag (Henry Rollins)
- So darn Thirsty (horror punk...would be harder to find..and the second word of the band name is not "darn")
- As Friends Rust
- Circle Jerk (hardcore punk)
- AVI Buffalo (Indie-pop...most pop punk fans like this band, but I wouldn't try it if he is more into hardcore punk)
- MGMT (see AVI Buffalo)
- Bad Religion (includes but not limited to handcore punk. I tried to pick out some favorite albums...but really, hard to go wrong with these guys)
- Pennywise (if one like Bad Religion, one will like Pennywise)
- Rage Against the Machine
- Hagfish
- The Cootees ( pop punk)
- MXPX (see above, on the 'Tooth and Nail' label, good Christian punk)
- Craig's Brother (a good Christian punk band, from the 'Tooth and Nail' label)
- Huntingtons (Tooth and Nail label), also, if he likes the Huntingtons, Darlington will be a shoe in for him.
- Ace Troubleshooter (Tooth and Nail again)
- Reliant K
- Slick Shoes (another for Tooth and Nail. Pop punk)
- Off the Record (Tooth and Nail. Album, "Remember When")
- Five Iron Frenzy (2nd wave ska...the kid brother to punk. Christian, "Tooth and Nail" again)
- Ghoti Hook (Tooth and Nail again. Punk rock/pop punk)
- Crash Dog (good, haha, can't stress that difference enough, Christian punk band)
- Chixdiggit! (yeah...we do)
- Screeching weasel (punk rock, he'll either love it or hate it)
- Beck (you either like Beck, or you don't it seems. I guess I'd call this alt rock with various genres blended and utilized)
- Chiodos (post-hardcore, too pop-ish for some)
- Skunk Anansie (My favorite female lead singer...ever)
- the Wildhearts
- Wilco (good blend, mainly alt. rock)
- The Dead Weather (alt rock)
- The Flaming Lips (alt rock)
- The Clash (Brit punk...the song 'lost in the supermarket' is a personal favorite)
- The Cure (post-punk)
- The Darned (love the bass, and the band name is not 'the Darned'...add an 'm' in there.)
- Dead Kennedys (I'd be shocked if he doesn't own anything Dead Kennedys. I'd also buy him something pronto)
- The Dead Milkmen (Um, I'd have to personally konk him a good one if he doesn't own anything Dead Milkmen)
- Galactic Cowboys (progressive metal)
- Less than Jake (ska punk)
- The Lillington's (punk rock)
- The Smoking Popes (hm, maybe indie rock/melodic punk)
- Squirtgun (Pop punk/melodic punk)
- LCD Soundsystem (dance punk)
- King's X (I'll tell you when I meet someone who DOESN'T like King's X, haha)
- Kings of Leon (may like this one)
- Sigur Ros (post-rock)
- The Mars Volta (um...prog/exirimental rock I guess)
- Sausage (One of Les Claypool's many band projects, like the better known 'Primus'. Les Claypool is a bass god. If your brother likes bass, this is where he should be. The man can play a two-headed bass and an eight-stringed bass. Yes, he is that good. His bands tend to fit into funk rock, funk metal, funk funk categories)
- Street Dogs (street punk)
- Rancid (street punk, ska leanings)
- Rise Against (melodic hardcore/punk hardcore)
- The albums "Blonder and Blonder" and "Kaboodle"...can't post the band name here. (pop punk)
- Operation Ivy (punk blends
love.gif
)
- Queens of the Stone Age (prog metal/alt rock. Albums "(rated) R" and "Songs for the Deaf" are recommended)
- Two Man Advantage (hardcore punk/hockey punk XD, album is "Drafted")

Um, I'll cut it off there. Some of the band names I can't post here...or the album names. XD Also leaving out some that are too small to really find for your bro probably, and others are too big for him to not have heard of. Will either have to order online, or some of these can be found in big box shops, and some you will only be able to find in small/independent music shops.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom