Lasting diarrhea and starting to spread

Salmonella exist naturally everywhere, including inside of chickens...
...inside a dead chicken it could bloom into terrible proportions, along with other organisms.

Yeah botulism came to mind but I’ve been dealing with this for 6 weeks and no symptoms besides diarrhea. Other than that they are active, eating and drinking. However the one who has the worst diarrhea and who had it first is not laying.

If their fecal float/deworming doesn't solve the problem, you might want to look into enteritis and treating with BMD.

I had a hen with mystery watery poop for a long time not caused by worms or related to the food she ate. The watery poop started to spread to the rest of the flock so I ended up treating them all with BMD and probiotics. They no longer have watery poops. I continue to add probiotics to their water periodically to keep up their gut health.

Good luck with your flock!

I’m worried about something they caught from eating the corpse of the other chicken
The other chicken could've died from salomnella, & the others got it from their dead flock mate, or they all could've been already infected, & it just begun to show. A couple of other theories.

Back
Top Bottom