Lasting diarrhea and starting to spread

I’ve been giving them probiotics and grit. But no I haven’t thought about salmonella as I’ve never dealt with anything like this. My previous chickens were properly cared for since chicks. This is very shocking to me.

I’ve been giving them probiotics and grit. But no I haven’t thought about salmonella as I’ve never dealt with anything like this. My previous chickens were properly cared for since chicks. This is very shocking to me.
If they came across contaminated water, or Mice they can get salmonella. A test for it, maybe a good idea.

I’m worried about something they caught from eating the corpse of the other chicken
The other chicken could've died from salomnella, & the others got it from their dead flock mate, or they all could've been already infected, & it just begun to show. A couple of other theories.

You could try to get some droppings tested by a local vet to check for parasites. If you contact your state NPIP they could tell you how to get tested for salmonella. Eating the remains of a dead chicken might cause botulism, and those symptoms of paralysis are hard to miss.

Salmonella exist naturally everywhere, including inside of chickens...
...inside a dead chicken it could bloom into terrible proportions, along with other organisms.

Yeah botulism came to mind but I’ve been dealing with this for 6 weeks and no symptoms besides diarrhea. Other than that they are active, eating and drinking. However the one who has the worst diarrhea and who had it first is not laying.

Back
Top Bottom