Late 2011 'Hatch'

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by 6littlechickies, Jan 6, 2012.

1. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    nooo, not a peachick....but she is our newest little 'chick'. [​IMG] We started our incubation project waaaay back in April and on Dec 23 the fruits of our labor 'hatched'!
    We welcomed Savannah Grace into our family just in time for Christmas. We spent our first night home on Christmas Eve and were so very excited to wake up Christmas morning not only to see what 'Santa' had brought but to all be together as a new family of 6! Now we really ARE 6littlechickies! LOL [​IMG]

I'm attaching a couple pics to share. The first is the pic they took in the hospital...because she was born so close to Christmas, the nurses gave her a stocking and used it to take her picture. You can only see the very top of the stocking but it still made for a cute pic.
    [​IMG]
    Pic with DH and I (aka - mom and dad), taken about 2 hours after her birth.
    [​IMG]
    Next one of her coming home outfit...I made the hat and blanket (also mittens and booties but you can't see those in the pic).
    [​IMG]
    and Last a group shot of all four of our kiddos! From Left to right is Jackson, Anderson and Sydney (holding baby Savannah). We failed at our attempt to get all kids in their Christmas PJ's but they all did smile nicely for a pic. (before even opening ONE present from Santa! lol).
    [​IMG]

Now that this 'hatch' is complete, we can look forward to the 2012 breeding season and filling up the (non-human) bators! [​IMG]

2. Bigcreekpeafowl

Bigcreekpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    What a precious little Angel.
    Congratulations on the newest addition to your family. You are truly blessed.

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Congratulations, what a beautiful family you have. [​IMG]

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG] Such a beautiful family. You have been very busy. Your oldest daughter with that red hair a freckles....so cute..

5. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    What a Christmas gift!

6. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    the GREATEST gift! She is the 3rd child I met born on the 23rd of Dec. 2011. Actually all three are girls too LOL!

CONGRATULATIIONS!!!!!

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Great addition .........pure doll she is.....tell Sydney i will take her........Hope to see her soon.....you two do good work incubating.....Santa was good to all of you.

8. cinders55

cinders55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Citronelle, AL
    What a beautiful little chick and a great addition to a wonderful flock. Congratulations.[​IMG]

9. featherhead

featherhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Kentucky, USA
    What great photos - congrats to your family! And thanks so much for sharing the photos. Look forward to seeing you and hearing your funny family stories!

10. kitchenchick

kitchenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Upper East Tennessee
    Congratulations! This really made me grin like a kid! Hope you, your new addition and all your family are doing well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by