late bloomer?

Ughmargo

In the Brooder
May 23, 2020
Sonora California USA
So this is my first year with chickens and I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out. I got six chickens 2 days old on May 14th they are now 4 months old, and about three and a half weeks ago we got our first egg, then three or four days later we started getting two eggs a day and then another day later we got three eggs today and then within a week or two we were getting 5 eggs a day regularly, but now almost a month since we got our first egg I'm still only getting 5 eggs a day and the six one has not started laying eggs. Is that normal? they are all exactly the same age, well except for my rooster he's a year-and-a-half old and was added into the flock when they were about two and a half months old. Should I be concerned about the sixth one that hasn't started laying eggs yet? Also twice now out of the whole month we've been getting eggs we've gotten two brown eggs? My pullets are leghorns, they typically lay white eggs every other day except for those two eggs. Any info would be helpful I just want to know all I can about chickens and I also want to make sure that my flock is doing alright healthwise. And I'm just really curious about the two brown eggs?

So this is my first year with chickens and I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out. I got six chickens 2 days old on May 14th they are now 4 months old, and about three and a half weeks ago we got our first egg, then three or four days later we started getting two eggs a day and then another day later we got three eggs today and then within a week or two we were getting 5 eggs a day regularly, but now almost a month since we got our first egg I'm still only getting 5 eggs a day and the six one has not started laying eggs. Is that normal? they are all exactly the same age, well except for my rooster he's a year-and-a-half old and was added into the flock when they were about two and a half months old. Should I be concerned about the sixth one that hasn't started laying eggs yet? Also twice now out of the whole month we've been getting eggs we've gotten two brown eggs? My pullets are leghorns, they typically lay white eggs every other day except for those two eggs. Any info would be helpful I just want to know all I can about chickens and I also want to make sure that my flock is doing alright healthwise. And I'm just really curious about the two brown eggs?
Pics of her? What breed?

all of my hens look almost identical. pretty white feathers, bright red combs and wattles. they are all born thw same day. They look so identical that I cannot even tell them apart enough to name them, I have been working on it though so give me a couple of minutes and I will go take pictures of all six of them and then I will post them on here. I've only got a brown egg twice and it's been almost a month of five of them laying eggs. Normally chickens lay an egg each day right? I had Six Bullets I would assume 6 eggs but I've never gotten more than five

I got six chickens 2 days old on May 14th they are now 4 months old, and about three and a half weeks ago we got our first egg
So they started laying at 13 weeks old?!

Normally chickens lay an egg each day right? I had Six Bullets I would assume 6 eggs but I've never gotten more than five
Not every bird will lay every single day.

Typical egg formation cycle is slightly longer than a day (26-27 hours) so no you don't usually get an egg a day per bird, 5-6 a week is more normal. I rarely have a day where all my active layers lay.

Back
Top Bottom