Late Hatch? (Serama)

It sounds like a low temperature issue which would delay the hatch a little. Having thermometer/hygrometers on the incubator floor can give egg-level readings. I trust those readings, especially when incubating Serama eggs. And, those readings don’t always match the incubator readings. If there’s a lot of movement, that’s a good sign. Keep the temp and humidity steady now. And keep eyes on the egg, because Seramas can also have hatch difficulties due an inherited lethal gene from their Japanese bantam counterparts… which can prevent their shorter legs from helping them position for hatching. I have some micro-class Seramas that were late, and assisted hatches. Watch for that internal pip. Please keep us updated!
Thank you, the egg was abandon by the hen at day 18 because of her others hatched and she attended to them. So, that may have an effect on the hatching. Still alive, hoping for the best.

Thank you, the egg was abandon by the hen at day 18 because of her others hatched and she attended to them. So, that may have an effect on the hatching. Still alive, hoping for the best.
I hope for the best as well. I’ve had that happen a few times. The amount of time between abandoning the egg and transfer to your incubator has pushed back the hatch date. The chick should still hatch fine. Watch the humidity level. Would love to see photos of mom and chicks. 🥰

I hope for the best as well. I’ve had that happen a few times. The amount of time between abandoning the egg and transfer to your incubator has pushed back the hatch date. The chick should still hatch fine. Watch the humidity level. Would love to see photos of mom and chicks. 🥰

Yes! Oh my gosh, baby chicks with their moms is the cutest thing!

Back
Top Bottom