Late Introduction

Jraba1315

Songster
Sep 11, 2019
Washington
I just realized that I never did this so here goes...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We have had chickens since 2017.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We started with Ten, we still have seven of our original flock. Now we have 25 chickens. And we hatched six of them ourselves!
(3) What breeds do you have?
8 BBS Ameraucanas
3 BBS Orpingtons
3 Salmon Favorelle
1 Black cooper maran
2 OE/EE
1 RIR
1 Buff Orpington
1 Lavender Orpington
2 Austerlops
2 Barred Rocks
Plus a couple more that I don’t remember the exact breed

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love when they come and sit on my lap and when they all run to me when I walk out to the coops.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, soccer, wrestling
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am apart of FFA, 4-H, I’ve raised a pig for market through FFA, we have 2 dogs, and I think that’s about it
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found this community online when I was looking up some things for chickens. I joined because I knew I had so much to learn!

:welcome :frow I see you have already discovered chicken math starting with 10 and now 25. I hatch out all of my own chicks too but I usually hatch out 200/300 every year. In the past I have hatched out chicks for our local 4-H. The kids showed them at poultry shows and did quite well. Good luck and have fun...
2015-01-10 14.22.29.jpg

:welcome :frow I see you have already discovered chicken math starting with 10 and now 25. I hatch out all of my own chicks too but I usually hatch out 200/300 every year. In the past I have hatched out chicks for our local 4-H. The kids showed them at poultry shows and did quite well. Good luck and have fun...
View attachment 1988742
My end goal is to hatch all of our own eggs, the first hatching of our own eggs will probably in late spring, as soon as our cockerels are old enough!

Back
Top Bottom