Late Season?

kristen2678

Songster
10 Years
Apr 26, 2009
North Berwick Maine
No sign of my nearly 4 year old dewlap toulouse going into season. The gander is in perfect temperment. The last three years I've received my first eggs on January 23rd. No sign of the season beginning here in Southern Maine. Anybody else seeing a delay? Late start to winter causing a problem?

No sign of my nearly 4 year old dewlap toulouse going into season. The gander is in perfect temperment. The last three years I've received my first eggs on January 23rd. No sign of the season beginning here in Southern Maine. Anybody else seeing a delay? Late start to winter causing a problem?
Nothing going on here as far as breeding or laying only my ganders acting aggressive so it must be getting close. Last year I think because of the frigid temps in Feb they were late getting started too. my females are almost 4 and 2 yrs of age.

I'm in central SC and mine are just starting to get antsy. This seems a little early, but it was very warm here until after Christmas. Last year was the first year I had geese breeding. It was the end of February before Bogart (my gander) got really aggressive, trying to chase my husband away from the shop where his girl had decided to lay. Then he decided to harass the construction workers repairing the road. We had to separate and fence the geese later in March. He is now getting a little aggressive and there is some posturing going on. I think its because the weather was so warm for so long before getting cold.

Back
Top Bottom