Latest count: 5 hens. Roosterbator must have broken! UPDATE

Rozzie

Songster
9 Years
Jul 14, 2010
OK for all of you who would like for me to have all roosters over here.
wink.png

I have POSITIVE PROOF that at least ONE of the 9 I hatched six weeks ago is a girl. That or one of you snuck in and put an egg in the cage just to mess with my head.
lau.gif
Somehow I suspect Buttercup Chillin or JJ...
gig.gif

Oh, and two of the birds that I knew were boys proved it today. It's 66 degrees outside & the doors & windows are open. Today is their 6 week birthday (or should we say hatchday?) and they decided that this was their license to act like little adult roosters.

Good thing is that this lets me PRETEND that the two birds they were after are girls... (Don't burst my bubble. I know it's not proof. Let's call it an increased chance that they might be girls...)

Edited: Updated on page 2 or 3.
wink.png
Make that at least 3 hens & at least 2 boys.

Last edited:
OK OK, I think I said before I thought you had 3 girls there. So the one that's laying and the other 2 they were chasing. That's about as good as it'll get this time around. Of coarse I have been wrong before, especially in quessing games.

Na, if I'd a snuck in there, I'd a dropped off a dozen girls - just to get their egg laying little fluffy butts out a here. They could a left you daily with plenty of those little speckled things that you aren't sure what they are. You see them so rarely. Then there is the problem of what to do with just a few. Oh, if only that was my problem. Yup, to bad we aren't closer, you wouldn't have to go through all this missery and anticipation.

So has Boots started crowing yet? To bad I can't crochet real small anymore. I'd make that boy some real fancy boots to wear.

Wait just a minute - Where's the proof? Where's the Pic. And don't tell us you ate it, that's not going to fly.

Last edited:
No, Boots hasn't started crowing yet -- and I'm still debating a drive down there. I actually have time in my schedule that I could do so, HA HA. It would be an awfully good excuse to take a long drive. (And, some pretty expensive girls. But at least they'd all be GIRLS...) If you have them around in a week or two still, I might just do it.

Proof? Ya want proof? (Sniff, sniff...what is this world coming to when I say I have PROOF and I'm not believed...sniff...sniff...)

100_4120.jpg

It's the one on the lower right, ROFL. The others are from my big girls. They were full grown and at least a year old when they came to me -- so they are on at least their second year of laying and still earning their feed.

And, yes. That's a tray from Queen Anne's Chocolate Covered Cherries. I had that handy when I went to take the picture. It worked so well for the eggs that I went and dug the other three trays out of the recycling. (Ahem. There are four or six more boxes of them hidden away here. I'm saving the trays...)

Oh ya they'll be hanging out dropping these eggs. Here's a peak just to remind you what they should look like. Now was this what was in that cage? Or did your son play a trick on you with a Button egg?

The little one on the right is .3-.4 Oz from a young adolescent. The bigger one is .6-.7oz. from a mature hen and in size is twice as large, these were collected last night. This way you don't have to use so many. Or stand there peeling them for so long. Coarse Santa didn't bring me a cigar trimmer either, he left me a note said my eggs were to big for one. I was so disappointed.
17739_104_0333.jpg

I am just way to slow at typing.

Last edited:
Quote:
No.no don't get to excited for her yet. One egg, her other two are from her older hens and they don't count (in this count anyway).
One egg from one adolescent new pullet.

Mine were just there to remind her what they looked like. But she can get them loaded and type much much faster than me. So my tease got stiffled.

Quote:
No.no don't get to excited for her yet. One egg, her other two are from her older hens and they don't count (in this count anyway).

Mine were just there to remind her what they looked like. But she can get them loaded and type much much faster than me. So my tease got stiffled.

okay then, BUT it's still an egg...sooooo Yah EGG...! LOL
big_smile.png

Quote:

Well now, all three older hens laid THREE today. I just didn't put the other one in the picture cause it got dirty.
wink.png
And, I did have about a dozen button quail eggs today.

Back
Top Bottom