Latest hatch.....BLR Wyandottes and others

chickhamm

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
This is my latest hatch of babies. I had 6 of my own eggs in there, 5 hatched one didnt make it, so i have 2 little serama / jap babies and 2 buff laced polish babies. I had 10 of blisschicks BLR Wyandottes at final hatch, 7 hatched, one didnt make it, really pleased with them as they were shipped eggs.

heres some of the cutie fluffy butts

this polish chick is very curious of the camera
marchpolish.jpg

the dotts and the serama/jap babies
marchchicks1.jpg

this little light splash guy just cute as could be
marchbabies2.jpg

2 are really dark so im thinking black laced red wyandotts? 3 blue and 1 splash. If anyone else has ideas on the collors please chime in.

chickhamm
Theressa
GA

You won't get any black laced because I had all splash girls with blue and splash boys. You'd only get black laced if I had blues in with blues. The dark chicks will be blue, the lighter ones splash. The light silvery ones will be very light.

I'm really glad to see you got so many out of the shipped eggs. You did better with what I sent you than what I did with some I bought from a breeder in Vermont (? somewhere up East). I got 18 eggs, and only 4 hatched.
hmm.png
BUT-- they're from original import stock, so I'm not whining too much!

What color are your Polish chicks? I just hatched out 7 buff laced, and two came out gold laced.

Last edited:
Well, you did a excellent job packing them, thats one reason i got such a good hatch rate. I cant wait till they grow out and get their real feathers, they are such beautifull birds. The light splash one i bet will be beautifull !!! They are adorable little fluffy buts.

The polish are buff laced, Im not sure anymore if i have bantams or full size standards. I ordered bantam size but these seem larger. The babies are the same size as the standard chicks.
sad.png

chickhamm
Theressa
GA

They're probably standard then. Mine are about the same size or larger. Not so much bigger in body size as they are taller. They're really lanky compared to my BLRW. I have two bantam OEG in with them, and they're tiny compared to them.

Back
Top Bottom