Latest ordinances for Tucson/Pima County AZ?

redskyatnight

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 21, 2017
Hello, I'd like to start raising chickens in Tucson and am wondering about the local ordinances. I'm getting conflicting info. For example, one publication of the Tucson city code says that fowl must be kept 50+ feet away from neighbors' boundary. (Only the very rich have lots that could accommodate this.) Another says a much smaller distance, 10 or 15 feet. Meanwhile, a news article (http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...allowed-to-have-backyard-chickens-and-gardens) says 20 feet. I suppose I could call a number, just am unsure which. Anyone familiar with the area know what are the latest ordinances for owning poultry within city limits? Thanks in advance!

Hello, I'd like to start raising chickens in Tucson and am wondering about the local ordinances. I'm getting conflicting info. For example, one publication of the Tucson city code says that fowl must be kept 50+ feet away from neighbors' boundary. (Only the very rich have lots that could accommodate this.) Another says a much smaller distance, 10 or 15 feet. Meanwhile, a news article (http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...allowed-to-have-backyard-chickens-and-gardens) says 20 feet. I suppose I could call a number, just am unsure which. Anyone familiar with the area know what are the latest ordinances for owning poultry within city limits? Thanks in advance!
Apparently you have asked a great question, because I can't find the answer!! I just called my friend who is a realtor in Pima county and even she said the laws are changing constantly, check with the HOA. Are you in a neighborhood with a Home Owners Association? I would contact them first. If not...I would call Pima county health dept. and see if they can help. How silly, this info should all be readily available!

Tucson city rules, according to library.pima.gov

No more than 24 chickens
NO ROOSTERS
Coops are kept 50 feet away from neighbor dwellings
Coops are kept clean

Back
Top Bottom