Lathargic sick Hen

Jonboy

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 18, 2011
:(Hi..Im new to the forum but read the post a lot.I have 18 hens rhode Island red/leghorn cross breed.They are almost 3 yrs old and have always been healthy.I noticed yesterday after work when i let em out to range that one hen wasnt moving much..tail down and very lathargic. her comb drooped over but didnt seem discolored.All the other hens seem fine so i was im kida thinking she is egg bound.I put her in a bucket of warm water for 20 min clean her up and used some vasoline to lube her. she seem to like the bath but was throwing up liquid..kida vial looking...I have her under a heat lamp now for the nite and hopping for the best but I really need some more input.Any help would be great...thanks soo much.

Sounds similar to what happened to our RIR hen a few weeks ago. She wasn't herself at all and was throwing up clear liquid. Ended up taking her to the vet and found she had an infected crop. Ended up on antibiotics for a week and she's doing great now! until we took her to the vet, we gave her pedialite with an eyedropper just to keep her hydrated and it worked great!
Hope this helps! Good luck
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom