Laughing Chickens of Indonesia

If all of us chicken people would bann togetherwe could get some of those chickens over here.......some way.

Is this one?
0.jpg

You reckon the hen's egg song sounds like laughter? Could you imagine the noise in that hen house? Gives new meaning to the name of my chicken business: Chuckling Chicken Farms-Where the hens cackle all day long.

Ayam ketawa is from sidrap, sulawesi, indonesia (sulawesi is where my mom came from!) Ayam = chicken, Ketawa = Laugh/Laughing, so ayam ketawa is laughing chicken, there's no unique physical trait in them, but their crow sounds like a laugh, sultans/kings of sulawesi used to have these chickens as pets, and there's 3 kind of ayam ketawa -ketawa slow, -ketawa dangdut, -ketawa gretek. :D oh yea!, greetings from indonesia! We have beautiful chickens here!

Does anyone else have these birds?
i hope to get some in the future,i am trying to get some nice and/or rare breeds.
Last month we received some Booted Dutch Bantam eggs and now we have 13 chicks,it's a start.
We have lots of backyard chickens who can hatch special eggs.

Hello, everyone.. I want sell my 3 pairs laughing chickens, if anyone interest buy from me.. I can shipping it into USA and I will process soon.. Please PM me..
Thank you...

Hello Allyn
Do you have any chicks or eggs for sale that could be sent to Chiang Mai.
Thanks

I see this is an older thread, but this is the breed of chickens I want to get next. My kids love listening to them!

I have heard tail of three international poultry suppliers that can get a hold of these gems but it's around a thousand dollars u.s. for a breeding pair with no guarantee of laughter. If you do get a laugher there are special diet and cleaning procedures to follow according to tradition.

Back
Top Bottom