LAV ORP roo over a CLB hen and a Wheaton hen

Then you’d have something that looks like Black Sexlinks but with cream eggs and at least half of the offspring would have pea combs.
:( I would like to avoid black birds. I have a small line of BCM and that is enough black for me.

:( I would like to avoid black birds. I have a small line of BCM and that is enough black for me.
Yeah sadly black is very dominant. They won't be totally black, more like this (I forgot to mention that the roosters from the wheaten cross won't have barring btw)
Black Sex Link Pullet - Wilco Farm Stores
but personally don't find that quantity too impressive either. (not my pic)

If you wanted more color, I would use basically any rooster that isn't black based. (Lavender is a dilution of black.) What other roosters do you have?

ok, thanks that is very helpful information.
Below are photos are my other non- black roosters.
I'm not a big fan of barring either. (at least not on black)

Am I right to think that my black based roosters are : my lavender orpington, 2 BC Marans, 2 cuckoo marans?

Attachments

• Blackbeard.jpg
    Blackbeard.jpg
    752.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Rusty1.jpg
    Rusty1.jpg
    931.9 KB · Views: 4
  • shaggy0.JPG
    shaggy0.JPG
    806.4 KB · Views: 4
ok, thanks that is very helpful information.
Below are photos are my other non- black roosters.
I'm not a big fan of barring either. (at least not on black)

Am I right to think that my black based roosters are : my lavender orpington, 2 BC Marans, 2 cuckoo marans?
The Orpington and cuckoo Marans, not the BC Marans. Those are birchen based. The splash rooster is technically black-based as well.

The Orpington and cuckoo Marans, not the BC Marans. Those are birchen based. The splash rooster is technically black-based as well.
Sorry- I didn't understand what you meant above.
The photo of the last rooster is from a Speckled Sussex hen- is that black based?
Cuckoo marans and orpington are birchen based?

Sorry- I didn't understand what you meant above.
The photo of the last rooster is from a Speckled Sussex hen- is that black based?
Cuckoo marans and orpington are birchen based?
Speckled Sussex are not black based, they are wheaten based. (I think. I can’t remember. They may be partridge or duckwing based if my memory fails me.)
But black is dominant over wheaten, partridge, and duckwing, so he appears mostly black.
No. Cuckoo Marans and Lavender Orpingtons are black based. Black copper Marans are birchen based.

Back
Top Bottom