Lavender African Gander

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sred98, Mar 24, 2011.

1. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I have a African lavender gander that I need to sell. DH has said sell him or he's going in the freezer! I hate to do that with his coloring and temperment. If anyone is interested, just let me know. I do have a female to go with him if you are interested.

No shipping.

2. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Oh my god! That is amazing!! Is there any way you can think of to transfer that bird to me... it is AMAZING! There is a god...

3. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Unfortunately I don't! I wish I could! He is a beautiful bird and has a really great temperment. I thought I would get more interest but I guess no one's looking for geese right now. I've got him on Craigslist and not one peep! DH is ready for a goose dinner. [​IMG]

4. arherp

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Are they laying at all?

5. arherp

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Are they laying at all? And by the way, how did you get this color?

6. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The female hasn't started yet, but she's got her spot picked out! They are about 10-12 months old, so they are ready any time. They were given to me by a lady in a town near here.

Shelly

7. arherp

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Is there any way you could keep them long enough to send me a few eggs? I would love it if you would... I have never seen Lavenders before, and I am pretty big on the Africans.. If I had the money I would drive to your house right now.. Really, I would... haha! Addiction? Maybe.

8. sred98

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I would, but now I have a bigger problem than my DH wanting to eat them! The mountain lion carried off my Chinese gander that's in the pic. Makes me sick. [​IMG] Since it's been breeding/egglaying season, they've refused to stay with the chickens and have their nest area in the woodline. I don't want it to come back and get the others.

Shelly

9. arherp

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Oh gosh that's horrible!! Are you able to keep them penned up from predators, for the time being?

If you have an incubator let me know, I can send you over some eggs to help build your flock from this attack! Do you have another male around for the girls?

10. Tim K

Tim K Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Central, Oklahoma
    Were in Oklahoma are you? Im just south of OKC. I have a friend that might be interested, I have sent her a email waiting to hear back from her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by