Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
noah, first thing, go back and edit your post to take out your phone number... its very dangerous to post that online. I think I may be able to wrangle up a hen for you. She is a little darker than I would like for breeding, I hope that's ok with you. I'll send you a private message with my phone number, and you have your grandma call me, ok.

I don't see in on the wing bows generally with mine, but in the hackle and saddles.  You have gold based not silver based birds.  When I made splits with my Blacks, some of the Black splits had gold leakage some, creamy silver.  You can't tell with the female splits, and not every split male will have leakage, but males that are silver based (2 copies) will produce only silver based pullets as it is sex linked.

Hope that makes sense.  Every bird is either gold or silver based under whatever other genetics you're dealing with.

Sun exposure tends to make my Lavs look like they've been dust bathing.  It dulls the color, males and females. 

Thanks! I notice it on my older roo in his hackles and saddle feathers. His son does not seem to show the leakage yet. Is this leakage undesirable? It sounds like it will always be present. I have a light hen and when I crossed her with my older roo, it's their son that does not show the gold, yet, that is.. Also curious to know how many out there are having genetically weak pure lavs or ones with leg deformities? I am going to stop breeding pure lavs for awhile and work on cross backs with solid blacks. My lav chicks are having some problems.

Nice to find this thread . Hi all that know me and those that dont. Am back reading all this lol. Hope yall dont mind me joining in and will get some pics of my flocks up soon :)

Some nice looking birds in here.

For those that know. I have been breeding lavs almost since they came out with this color and am still in love with mine . Have done extensive work since posting but cant navigate BYC very well anymore and just mainly just lurk the Ameraucana thread.

Nice to find this thread . Hi all that know me and those that dont. Am back reading all this lol. Hope yall dont mind me joining in and will get some pics of my flocks up soon :)

Some nice looking birds in here.

For those that know. I have been breeding lavs almost since they came out with this color and am still in love with mine . Have done extensive work since posting but cant navigate BYC very well anymore and just mainly just lurk the Ameraucana thread.
frow.gif
Everyone is welcome!

Awesome Christmas present slick

I got a few new pics finally Hope yall like some of them :)

My Black roo For this year

Awesome Christmas present slick I got a few new pics finally Hope yall like some of them :) My Black roo For this year
Those guys look great! Love you lav roos' tail. I am struggling with decent feathering on mine. I am making my first cross with black ameracuana here soon. Hoping it begins my feather improvement. Just out of curiosity to you all... The length of back and tail angle in these pics I am assuming is optimal? If so, I need to increase my tail angle and shorten my guys backs. Would love comments on that if anyone would like to go back and look at my pics :)!

Back
Top Bottom