Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
x2 - that way there aren't anymore misconceptions. I've had some people around here locally tell me that all Ameraucana or Araucana birds are the same as EE...and I have to gently let them down that no, they're talking about two breeds and a mutt breed.
wink.png
We get the same thing all the time.

Just got my lavender chicks from Paul Smith. I ordered only the ones from my line so they will be compatable with what I already have. Probably didn;t need them but I can not waist time with another year since I have two very bad years from Preditors getting my very best ones two years in a row. They arrived all safe and sound and are doing just fine in their new place. Paul was very great to deal with since he sent me birds from my own background. I am very happy with the quality of them. Thank you again, Paul.

Just got my lavender chicks from Paul Smith. I ordered only the ones from my line so they will be compatable with what I already have. Probably didn;t need them but I can not waist time with another year since I have two very bad years from Preditors getting my very best ones two years in a row. They arrived all safe and sound and are doing just fine in their new place. Paul was very great to deal with since he sent me birds from my own background. I am very happy with the quality of them. Thank you again, Paul.
If you ever get in a jam again Harry, My Lavs are strictly yours and Pauls lines.

I have hatched my f3 splits (f2 Lavs hens x Black Smith cock). Incubators are OFF.

If you ever get in a jam again Harry, My Lavs are strictly yours and Pauls lines.

I have hatched my f3 splits (f2 Lavs hens x Black Smith cock). Incubators are OFF.
Clare,
Thank you for the offer. I think I was doing alright but on the ABC site Paul offered some chicks and thought I should just go for it as a back up. I really probably didn;t need them but having some new black blood added sure could not hurt. I also got two splash chicks from him.

It's so good to see people treating each other like family in this breeding arena. I always wished for that more than anything when I was dealing in horses. Faith in humanity has been a bit more restored today. :)

I can't wait to figure out what sexes we have out of what we hatched from Little Wing's shipment. I've heard the redder/brighter/bumpier the comb, the better chance of it being a cockerel. We'll see!

Paul got a cockerel from me at Indy, so he has my line too.
I should be more specific. The Lavs I used in my present lines are only from Harry, and the Blacks were only from Paul. I have not received and Lavs or Splits from Paul. I have not purchased any Lavs since 2010, only working with what I had.

Paul got a cockerel from me at Indy, so he has my line too.
Jean,
I specifically asked for chicks that had blood from my line but they may also have yours in them too. I don;t know exactly what he was using in the pens since they were pure lavenders both parents had to be lavenders. He also had a different line that had John's in them as well but I did not get any of them that I know of. I only got them because he said he had a last hatch that were not ordered on the ABC forum. Believe me I definately did not need any more chicks to raise this year. Hopefully I will be able to gain back the two years I lost from preditors taking only the best. The preditors all have an SOP available to know which ones taste the best.

Jean,
He got my blood line from Crystal Creek and not directly from me. I believed they swap birds, blacks for lavenders.

Last edited:
Hello! I currently have one hen and 1 cockerel of Lavenders that I hatched out. I purchased the eggs from Nancy Garry (Bargain). Both of my birds are my absolute favorite and having them here has made me completely change my chicken plans :) I have fallen in love with them! Right now I have 8 eggs in my bator and they are all fertile and due to hatch in about 10 days. I'm collecting now as well and will be putting another 10 eggs in soon. I am looking to get some good quality black split to lavenders. I am willing to trade eggs, chicks, etc. Or just buy :) Any help in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated!

Samantha

Hello! I currently have one hen and 1 cockerel of Lavenders that I hatched out. I purchased the eggs from Nancy Garry (Bargain). Both of my birds are my absolute favorite and having them here has made me completely change my chicken plans :) I have fallen in love with them! Right now I have 8 eggs in my bator and they are all fertile and due to hatch in about 10 days. I'm collecting now as well and will be putting another 10 eggs in soon. I am looking to get some good quality black split to lavenders. I am willing to trade eggs, chicks, etc. Or just buy :) Any help in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated!

Samantha
Hi Samantha,
Please post pictures of your lavenders and we can give you an idea of what you need to improve them. A picture of them standing from the side works best. This variety is still a work in progress, and there are a variety of thing we are all trying to improve.
smile.png

Clare

Back
Top Bottom