Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

For Lavender Ameraucana bantams, why not go to the source? John Blehm and a few other Ameraucana Alliance members made them. John's contact info is in the Breeders Directory on the Ameraucana Alliance website. Bob Rennolet out in South Dakota also has some nice ones. I helped him set up his breeding pens in October, and he has been hatching already.

For Lavender Ameraucana bantams, why not go to the source?   John Blehm and a few other Ameraucana Alliance members made them.   John's contact info is in the Breeders Directory on the Ameraucana Alliance website.   Bob Rennolet out in South Dakota also has some nice ones.   I helped him set up his breeding pens in October, and he has been hatching already.

Thank you!

For Lavender Ameraucana bantams, why not go to the source?   John Blehm and a few other Ameraucana Alliance members made them.   John's contact info is in the Breeders Directory on the Ameraucana Alliance website.   Bob Rennolet out in South Dakota also has some nice ones.   I helped him set up his breeding pens in October, and he has been hatching already.

Just my luck, Mr. Rennolet's email from the AA website does not work. Do you have a good email for him?

I live in S.FLORIDA and will have baby pure Lavender Amerucanas hatching soon.if you are interested please message me. Happy new year!

The Ameraucana Alliance is applying to have large fowl lavender Ameraucanas recognized by the APA and is asking for your help.
If you have been both an APA member and had large fowl lavender Ameraucanas over a 5 year period you could sign an affidavit needed as part of the recognition process. If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to find out more how you can help please contact one of the Alliance's lavender acceptance committee members:
Beth Curran http://AmeraucanaAlliance.org/BethC.html
Bob Rennolet (605)387-2809
Mike Gilbert http://AmeraucanaAlliance.org/MikeG.html

More information at http://AmeraucanaAlliance.org/forum/index.php?topic=199.0

Last edited:
I am new to the world of chickens and I don't mean to offend but I thought that true Ameraucana chickens lay blue eggs and Easter Eggers lay green eggs. Could someone clarify please? I am looking for Lav. am. bantams that lay blue eggs.

I have a white Amerucana that lays Giant light blue eggs and Lavender Amerucanas that lay dark green eggs and an Easter Egger that lays a color in the middle. I Copied this clip for you

Ameraucana chickens should lay eggs with very light blue shells.  You will know the blue egg shell color is the proper blue when the inside and outside egg shell colors are the same. 

Many varieties and strains still carry modifying (brown egg) genes that cause their eggs to appear greenish (blue + brown = green).  This is a common fault that Ameraucana breeders are trying to correct thru selective breeding programs, although it is not an easy task.  These brown egg genes were introduced when blue egg laying chickens were crossed with brown egg laying chickens.  There is a lot about shell color that is still a mystery and some of what we think we know today may be better understood in the future, as with all genetics.  

One way to better understand egg shell color is to think of the shell as if it were vinyl siding on buildings.  Imagine you have two chicken coops…one with white vinyl siding and the other with light blue vinyl siding.  The material for making siding (and egg shells) starts out white (the base color).  If light blue is desired, then a little blue dye is mixed in before the siding is formed.  Just as white siding is white on the outside, inside and throughout; blue siding will have the blue color throughout.  Now you decide you want both coops to be the same color so you buy some cheap brown paint and paint both coops, but they don’t look the same color after the paint dries.  The brown paint was only applied to the exterior of the siding and didn’t penetrate into the siding.  It even comes off when you brush up against painted surface.  Depending on the shade of brown paint used on the white coop the exterior now looks that shade of brown.  But, on the coop that was light blue the cheap paint didn’t do a good job of covering and as some of the blue vinyl color “bleeds” thru the brown paint the coop appears to be some shade of yucky green.

Last edited:
I am new to the world of chickens and I don't mean to offend but I thought that true Ameraucana chickens lay blue eggs and Easter Eggers lay green eggs. Could someone clarify please? I am looking for Lav. am. bantams that lay blue eggs.

I guess they do exist. Ya learn something new everyday. I did some research and found where you can purchase some or try the email that Greenleaf posted above. You will probably get better customer service that way. Anyways good luck and here's a link to help you find what your looking for
http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Hatching-Eggs-Bantam-Lavender-Ameraucana-p1153.aspx

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom