Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Very nice looking birds. I have 7 Easter eggers now. The dad is a lav and the mom is a easter egger. My eggs now that are incubator are straight lav. It's so exciting. Check out my babe's

Very nice looking birds. I have 7 Easter eggers now. The dad is a lav and the mom is a easter egger. My eggs now that are incubator are straight lav. It's so exciting. Check out my babe's

Looks correct for the chick since lavender is really black when mated to a non lavender.

Show pics when 6 months, I have been interested in how the coloring would turn out.

Looks correct for the chick since lavender is really black when mated to a non lavender.

Show pics when 6 months, I have been interested in how the coloring would turn out.

Unfortunately they probably will be sold by 6 months.i will post a pic below of the mom and dad.

Mom is on right

Dad

The mom is not am Amerucana right? I think she's just a good old fashioned easter egger. She gives light green eggs. Even if she was an Ameraucana I was told that if two different Amerucanas mate the offspring is an Easter egger. Is that right?

Unfortunately they probably will be sold by 6 months.i will post a pic below of the mom and dad.

Mom is on right

Dad

The mom is not am Amerucana right? I think she's just a good old fashioned easter egger. She gives light green eggs. Even if she was an Ameraucana I was told that if two different Amerucanas mate the offspring is an Easter egger. Is that right?

Yea mom is easter egger, 50% or less Ameraucana. Yes even if two different colors bred the resulting chicken is a easter egger though carries 100% Ameraucana blood and genes.

Though, what you will get is 75% blood Ameraucana Blood and genes with 25% of another chicken, probably a leghorn. It would be interesting how many Ameraucana traits it would have and the final color would be.

Thanks,

Ryan

Yes even if two different colors bred the resulting chicken is a easter egger though carries 100% Ameraucana blood and genes.
Actually, you can use black Ameraucanas to breed to some other colors and still get offspring that are an accepted color. For example, you can breed a black to a blue or a black to a recessive white. You can also use black on some of the project colors like lavender and chocolate. But you need to know your color genetics to understand how to use the split chicks that you will produce.

Actually, you can use black Ameraucanas to breed to some other colors and still get offspring that are an accepted color. For example, you can breed a black to a blue or a black to a recessive white. You can also use black on some of the project colors like lavender and chocolate. But you need to know your color genetics to understand how to use the split chicks that you will produce.

Yes, that is true but may be too complicated for most so I did not post it. 90% when you mix colors you will get a EE.

Super confusing. All I know is my Lavender eggs I sell as Lavenders, my lavender and Easter egger eggs I sell as easter eggers,and my lavender and Rir or black australorps go in my egg bin for breakfast and cakes lol

If I have an all white Amerucana that lays big light blue eggs and gets fertalized by a Lavender rooster, what will that be? An Easter egger?

Super confusing. All I know is my Lavender eggs I sell as Lavenders, my lavender and Easter egger eggs I sell as easter eggers,and my lavender and Rir or black australorps go in my egg bin for breakfast and cakes lol

If I have an all white Amerucana that lays big light blue eggs and gets fertalized by a Lavender rooster, what will that be? An Easter egger?
It all depends on what it looks like. Poultry is judged by phenotype...what they look like. http://ameraucanaalliance.org/faq.html#One
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom