Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Quote:
AW man... just as I am selling almost all my chickens you have to come up with something I would LOVE to have.... how pretty! What are you going to call them? Kind of an Isabelle thing but silver is throwing a clinker in that name. That took a few years to make....

droolin.gif

AW man... just as I am selling almost all my chickens you have to come up with something I would LOVE to have.... how pretty! What are you going to call them? Kind of an Isabelle thing but silver is throwing a clinker in that name. That took a few years to make....

droolin.gif
"Lavender silver".
Quote: Yes. A silver male is black and white so lavender silver is lavender and white. On females the black and gray feathers of a silver are diluted to lavender while the salmon breast is diluted to a pale pinkish (?) color.

John eggs from your chicks. Look similar to yours? The cross split seems to have bluer eggs. 1st lavender is more green than second one.

John eggs from your chicks. Look similar to yours? The cross split seems to have bluer eggs. 1st lavender is more green than second one.
Yes, similar but with more variation. Looks like the one on the left has a bluish ring around the small end and may be worth hatching from. Of my LF the blacks lay the biggest bluest eggs. The lavenders and others are getting better each year thru selection. I sat over 500 eggs on Monday...my 1st setting of the year. All my Ameraucana bantams lay nice blue eggs and the eggs to the far left of the photo, with "12" on them are from one coop of LF lavenders. I disinfect the eggs with Tek-Trol just before putting them in the incubators, so they are wet and I find that is the best time to select for shell color.

Yes, similar but with more variation. Looks like the one on the left has a bluish ring around the small end and may be worth hatching from. Of my LF the blacks lay the biggest bluest eggs. The lavenders and others are getting better each year thru selection. I sat over 500 eggs on Monday...my 1st setting of the year. All my Ameraucana bantams lay nice blue eggs and the eggs to the far left of the photo, with "12" on them are from one coop of LF lavenders. I disinfect the eggs with Tek-Trol just before putting them in the incubators, so they are wet and I find that is the best time to select for shell color.
What do you look for in shell color? I have some Lavenders from Paul Smith. I noticed that 2 birds give blue eggs and one gives a green color egg. I'm sure there is some meaning to this. I have a bunch of the green eggs ready to hatch tomorrow. They should come out as Lavenders since the roo and hen are Lavender correct? Does the egg color have anything to do with that?

Back
Top Bottom