Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I thought you bred the pure lavender to the splits to get lavenders. Can you do both, or is the split to split preferable?
Even if you cross lavender with black it matters which way you make the cross to get so called splits to improve your lavenders. Joining the Ameraucana Alliance will give you all the resources, knowledge and decades of experience.

John, are there any alliance members that you personally know in S.Florida? If I was too become a member can one come to help me qualify my birds and show me hands on all the specs and ins and outs

John, are there any alliance members that you personally know in S.Florida? If I was too become a member can one come to help me qualify my birds and show me hands on all the specs and ins and outs
For $10 per year members receive quarterly newsletters, can ask questions of other members online, are eligible for club awards and exhibitor points at sanctioned meets and other benefits, but no. They are not signing up to commit their time to such outings.

Hate to jump in here, but if I may make a suggestion. :) Barrett, it sounds like you need a good mentor, preferably someone close enough that you can visit them or they can visit you. My two mentors live far away - one clear across the country in Washington and one halfway across the country, but I've learned a lot from both of them in lengthy phone conversations, exchange of pictures, etc.

I've shown dogs and horses since the early seventies and I know, in both endeavors, a good mentor can be a tremendous help. I've learned that poultry is no different in that respect. :)

Good luck!

Even if you cross lavender with black it matters which way you make the cross to get so called splits to improve your lavenders. Joining the Ameraucana Alliance will give you all the resources, knowledge and decades of experience.

Hi John

I recently emailed you, because of your extensive involvement in the development of the lavender, to get your perspective on the history of the variety. I look forward to your response, in the interest of preserving the history of this variety and of the breed.

John this is all you fault.
1f914.png
1f60b.png

Back
Top Bottom